Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Firsts



Milestones:

- Ben's first day of school
- Isaac's first day without Ben
- My first day without my firstborn/supreme entertainer/super hero/best bud
- Jacob's first real day at work

Isaac and I walked Ben to school (where Ben asked if he could have a kiss before we left) and he gave me a kiss and a hug and a huge smile as he waved us goodbye and headed to his new adventure.  I have to admit the house was a little quiet that day.  Isaac didn't know quite what to do with himself.  My little boy isn't so little any more.  And that makes me both smile and cry.  I'm so proud of him!  Good luck at school best bud!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alicia. Your little boy has taken a huge step to go off to the big school by himself. Baby steps are often interrupted by giant steps, aren't they. I miss you, so.

The Davis Family said...

Oh my goodness, I cried too when I read that. Why do kids have to grow up so fast?!

Love-Shanna

Heather said...

OOH!!! You have the most adorable kids! I can't believe that day will come for me in only about five years! So strange! You're an amazing mom! We miss you!

Jordan and Katie said...

That pic of ben and Isaac is soooo cute, you can tell they love each other so much. Ben will teach lil bro the way as learns and learns. Congrats on Jacob's first day of work too.

Jules said...

I'm still dying without Isabella. Does Ben have full day? It is rough (probably more on me, though).