Thursday, December 10, 2009

Light


This is the season of lights. I like to think of celebrating the Light of the World, the Savior, and the humble circumstances of his birth. I think of His light that leads me toward my Heavenly Home. I love the beauty of Christmas lights on Temple Square and the lights on the homes in my neighborhood.

Christmas wouldn't be the same without lights. Each little bulb contributes to the magic of the season and the spirit in the air. Lights make us happy! And each of us has a light we share with others. Today I am thinking of Lucy's light and how it carries its own magic. I can't help but think of her, and the circumstances of her birth, with awe. Everything happened the way it should. We had forty-five minutes with a perfect little spirit. Her light still works its magic in my life and in the lives of those around me. She inspires me to be better, to strengthen my own light a bit more.

I wish I could give everyone a piece of the light and love I felt as Lucy graced my arms. She shared everything she could, as powerfully as she could. The name "Lucy" means light. That was her gift to each of us. My gift to Lucy this year is my promise to share her light, and my own light, with others.

Not many people met Lucy. I'd like to introduce you to her.




Thanks to Patty Lee for the photo of Lucy's headstone.

20 comments:

Ie Li said...

Alicia, I love you. And I love that little Lucy. Her story still inspires me. Thank you. She is beautiful.

Ginna said...

Thanks Alicia. I really needed a little light today. Thanks for your faith and your sweet spirit.
Love you,

Heather said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! I hadn't ever seen that video! What a wonderful thing to cherish! Love you!

Christine said...

I hope this tender day is filled with peace and love from Lucy, your family and friends. What a special daughter you have.

Love to you,
Christine

Rachel EM said...

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

Catherine said...

She is beautiful. Thank you for sharing her with us today. XO

Catherine

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing, Sis.

Sylvia said...

I love you, Alicia. Thank you for sharing Lucy's light with me today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that privilege. I felt something very wonderful as I saw Lucy in your arms. What a special girl. Merry Christmas!

Author said...

I was literally just thinking about you and little Lucy in the shower this morning. What a beautiful video, thank you so much for sharing that with all of us. She is the most precious spirit I have ever seen, I mean that with all my heart!

Love,
Alison

Anonymous said...

Alicia, thank you for taking me back to that most sacred of moments when Lucy was in your arms.

Christine said...

What a beautiful headstone. Whenever I hear the word "light," I will think of Lucy.

Melissa said...

Oh Alicia, how beautiful, pure, innocent and amazing. I am speechless. We love you Lucy.

The Allred Family said...

What a touching tribute to your little girl. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to be better.

Jared said...

Very beautiful. We're so glad to have you as friends!

Sara said...

Loved the sweetness of her countenance - thanks for sharing, as we had yet to meet. We thought of you all this week. We hope you have a Merry Christmas! Love, Sara and Mark

Dani said...

Oh Alicia! What a special little girl! Thank you for introducing her to us and sharing her light...I know it has touched my life and I never even knew her! But her light shines so brightly through you that you can't help to feel her near-by! Love you!

Eliza said...

So sweet. What a precious girl and a precious gift. Every December I think of you and little Lucy.

Cammie said...

thanks SO much for posting this. love you.

The Silly Witch said...

What a sweet sweet moment in time. She is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing her with us.