Saturday, March 27, 2010

My SuperMEN

This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Taking care of three boys is definitely challenging. Here's what's been going on:

Jonathan:
After eight days of puking, diarrhea, not eating or drinking much, and losing weight, he's finally getting back to himself again. He's a stick of what he used to be - and he didn't used to weight much anyway. Here's hoping his trip back to solid food is quicker than the first time. During this week he's gone back to the infant stage of eating often, pooping even more often, and needing to be held frequently. My house fell apart, but what are you going to do?

Isaac:
He's been lucky enough to watch plenty of Little Einstein's, Chuggington, Curious George and Imagination Movers while Jonathan recovered (thank you AT&T for the recently installed DVR). Isaac is starting to enjoy making Jonathan smile, and it only took him seven months. :) Isaac is beginning to read and I'm impressed at how much he knows, and how much he can reason on his own.

Ben:
Ben still enjoys playing good guys and bad guys, dressing up in super hero capes, and playing with both of his little brothers. He came first for a reason. He loves school and wishes he could have play dates every day. He's taking piano lessons and proving once again, that he has incredible musicality.

Before all of us got sick I actually found time to make the boys these super hero capes. They really are super heroes, you know. Growing up is hard work. :)



10 comments:

Heather said...

Those capes are ADORABLE! Wouldn't it be fun if we got ALL the boys together and they all had them?!

I'm SO sorry to hear that you've all been sick!

Julianne said...

Wow! You are quite the seamstress Alicia! I love the little lowercase j... simply adorable. You have such sweet boys and you do such a wonderful job with them.

Holly said...

That little cape is so cute! Why is it that things in miniature are just so darling?!

Dani said...

Yep...name the day and we'll play at the park anytime! I think any day will work this week except Tuesday morning/early afternoon. :)

And those capes are adorable...especially the lowercase j. too cute!

The Silly Witch said...

What great capes! I had no idea you were such a great seamstress.

Sylvia said...

I am so glad to hear an update from you. The capes are awesome but the kids wearing them make them adorable!!

I am glad your sick week is over--8 days of a barfy-diahrrhea baby is WAYYYYY too long!

Rachel EM said...

The SUPER CAPES! AHHHHHHH! I love that picture with the three of them! And so will THEY when they're older!

GO, AWESOME YOUUUUUU!

Also, way to get Ben piano lessons. :)

Cris said...

I love those capes! Maybe you'll have to teach a class for Relief Society. :)
And yes, Ben is very musical. I'm enjoying teaching him so much!

~kenna

Jules said...

Those are adorable!!! Did you make yourself one for being super mom?!?!

Jaclyn said...

Love you lots and miss you even more! Wanna come to DC the last week of May? Or to Phoenix in June or Portland in July?