Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Must Be Nuts

All the blogs I read talk about how wonderful and adventurous and fantastic everyone's summer was. And that's how it should be.

Mine was...well, it was a summer. We didn't travel anywhere, for the second year in a row. We didn't have any major fun things planned. We had a fun weekend trip to Austin to visit and play with cousins. We had a nice 4th of July with family visiting. Jonathan learned how to walk, and climb stairs. He's still figuring out how to get down the stairs. We had two birthday parties (Isaac's #4, and Jonathan's #1). We went to the library...several times. We went to the pool...several times.

And now I'm really glad my kids are in school. Ben is now in 2nd grade, and though I don't know that he's being challenged as much as he should be, he's back on a normal routine which helps both of us. Isaac has started preschool this year and has already been on "yellow" (which is a warning for those of you out of state) for playing kung fu in the classroom. He's in school for the social growth, not necessarily the academic growth.

I must be abnormal. I think I'm the only one that isn't teary eyed over her children going to school in September. I think it's good for them...and for me.






8 comments:

Heather said...

1. My favorite summers were always the ones where we just sat at home and didn't do anything. We had to make our own fun. I like that!

2. Your boys are adorable!!

3. I recognize those suckers......:)

ladyshanae said...

You are by far not the only one who is not crying on the first day of school. :) Don't worry!

Your summer sounds similar to mine - low key, close to home, hanging out. Sometimes I prefer that to all the running around an insanity!

Your boys are just as cute and adorable as ever, by the way!

The Silly Witch said...

Those are great pictures. I especially love love love Jonathan's. Very impressive shot. You should teach Isaac water-bending. Apparently that is allowed on the playground at CLC since Q told me he was playing that at recess.

Anne said...

cute school boys...and i shout a loud amen when school begins each year.

whitney said...

i don't cry either. :)

Anonymous said...

If I could have done backflips on the 1st day of school, I would have.

Rachel EM said...

I was gonna say! Most of the moms I know are dying for school to start and take away their agony!

Also-- think about what we did in the summers as kids. Aha! Yes. Library trips were my favorites, and VERY exciting. You guys had a super-active summer at the pool! I was lucky if I got to go twice. Plus they got to see a movie in the theaters! That was a once a year treat for us, and we turned out okay.

You are a fantastic mom! Your kids have plenty of adventure in their lives. :D Trust me.

And nice going on that cake!

Jen said...

I jumped for joy when school started. Glad I'm not the only one.