Sunday, January 9, 2011

One more special post for 2010...



Dear Lucy,

We made another Christmas tree for your birthday this year. I think you would have liked its red decorations. We took it to the NICU at a nearby hospital, and we were glad we chose that particular hospital because they didn't have one Christmas decoration up yet! They needed a bit of "light" there, and the nurses were so grateful. I got a bit teary through my smile as we talked with them about you. I miss you. It would have been nice to have you here as I try to figure out how to raise four boys. Ben and Isaac celebrated your birthday with cupcakes. We all helped blow out your three candles. Maybe you got to peek in at all of us. I hope so.

Dance for me today!

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

What a wonderful way to honor Lucy's birth. I'm crying. Sheesh. Anyway, I'm so glad you're my friend. Love you.

Anonymous said...

It always brings tears when I remember Lucy. Your family has such a sweet tradition to honor her birth, and I always offer a prayer of gratitude that I knew her, too.

The Davis Family said...

That was such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing it!

Love-Jason and Shanna

Trio said...

I just read this post and yes, it brought tears to my eyes too. You guys have a great tradition of remembering Lucy. You are amazing and inspiring, thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings of your precious daughter. Love you guys!