Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mr. Downtown



My husband absolutely LOVES playing tour guide for all the family and friends that visit DC. Recently his cousins came for an afternoon of sightseeing and we bundled the kids up for a little jaunt. I have to admit it's so fun living so near our nation's capital. I love the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, the White House (Jacob's personal favorite) and all the museums on the Mall. So here's a plug for anyone contemplating a visit: along with a free continental breakfast you'll get a very experienced tour guide at your beckon call...Mr. Downtown.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Totally singing that song from That Thing You Do.

Mr. Downtown. ......do be do be do be do. Mr. Downtown. LOL

I miss D.C. Yes - for anyone reading this they are great hosts!

Diana Mildenstein said...

I hope we can come and visit soon! I know Aaron enjoyed his tour very much when he was there! Thanks Jacob!!

Rachel EM said...

It's stuck in my head too--"Mr. DOwwwwwwwwwnTOwwwwn"

My favorites: The Mall, Lincoln Memorial, and Arlington.

Next time I come out I want to see the WWII and FDR Memorials. And the spy museum, and the puffy shirt, and the muppets, and Alicia's house that I still haven't seen (not necessarily in this order,) and I want to hang out with Ben and Isaac, and see the WashMon, and the Holocaust museum again, and and and and and and and....

P.S. I loved that you said "jaunt." Tee hee!