Friday, February 29, 2008

Springtime Please


Living in Virginia has afforded us a look at interesting weather. We recently had an ice storm that kept us all inside for a few days. Jacob and I always get a good laugh when meteorologists predict snow in our area. The mere news of storms prompt school closings, and residents raid grocery stores and completely empty the shelves of milk, bread and eggs (to name only a few). Everyone goes into panic mode around here!

The ice storms are pretty neat if you don't have to drive anywhere, though. I took a few photos for a photography experiment...and voila! I have to admit, though, that I'm done with winter. I'd love one more good snow...and that will be enough for me. Bring on the warmer temperatures please!

6 comments:

Rachel EM said...

You lucky thing! I've always wanted to see an ice storm. They're beautiful.

{Erica} said...

What??! Rachel wants to see an ice storm....she even called you lucky!! I have experienced my share of ice storms here in Iowa and they are NOT fun! :) However the photos you took make ice storms look divine! I'm with you...bring on the warmer weather!

Diana Mildenstein said...

Apparently they usually have ice storms in Texas at least once a year too! So far we have had no sign of one, but we are told that the weather is acting weird this year. I have no frame of reference since I just moved here. I have been told that ice storms are beautiful and that everything here closes down as well. In fact Aaron has strict instructions to not come into work and to work from home if an ice storm hits.

Thanks for sharing! I love the picture!

Lindsay said...

you took this picture? It's great! I hope you take a lot...natural talent! By the way, miss ya!

Lisa said...

Hey Alicia, I found your blog on Lindsay's. Your kiddies are so cute - how is life in virginia?

Alicia said...

Hey Lisa! Lindsay's blog seems to bring a lot of folk dancers back...where are you guys living now?