Monday, September 15, 2008

Ike Strikes!




I've decided that being able to say "I've been through a hurricane is actually pretty cool."  Ike came through last Friday night.  After hours of powerful gusts I woke up at 4:30 to discover relative silence.  The eye of Ike passed right over our house and was amazingly calm and void of wind and rain.  But from the looks of our neighborhood the rest of Ike was not so calm.  We're glad to be safe and healthy.  We'll post more about Ike later.  But for now just know we're alright.  We don't have power (and might not for a week or more) but we've escaped to my brother's home in Austin to let the kids play and enjoy the AC!  Thank goodness for family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just one more chapter in The Advenutres of Alicia! So glad you're safe. How's that 72 hr kit holding out? You probably won't have to eat it during General Conference this year!

Lisa said...

So glad you are okay. Scary!

Author said...

Of all the luck! You move to a beautiful new house and a hurricane runs over it within a month!! You crack me up Alicia, somedays it is a wonder you get up in the morning.:)
I'm glad you have family close, I have been blog stalking you daily to see if you were okay. I'm glad to hear that all is well. Keep posting about all the excitement!
love,
Alison

Becca said...

I've thought about you guys a lot this week and wondered how you were doing. I'm glad that you were able to go to Austin and get out of Houston for a bit. It's great to hear you are all safe.