Friday, June 26, 2009

My Mountains

One of my favorite summer memories is driving my parents' two door Volkswagen Golf up the winding canyon roads every night to Sundance Summer Theater up Provo Canyon.  I enjoyed the warmth of early summer evenings while the sun was still in the sky, and watched the earth give way to the cool, welcome breezes of mountain dessert air as the sun set.  Sundance quickly became one of my favorite places as I watched the sun streaking through the trees of the mountains I grew to love.  Now I miss those mountains.  I miss the coolness of the night.  I miss the cascade of Stewart Falls.  I miss the protection of the canyon and the escape it provides as I drive away from regular routines and sounds.  I miss my home.   

*Props to Rachel who took this photo

4 comments:

Sara said...

Since we have to drive up tomorrow, we'll find time to drive up the canyon and think of you while we do it, and we'll be eating ice cream from the Creamery to make it that much more memorable! Sure love and miss you - haven't talked to you in forever and I hope you're feeling good. One month to go....until another little one graces your life. Hugs!

Ginna said...

I miss it too. For sure.

Rachel EM said...

I'm trying to soak up as much of it as I can for you!

Natalie said...

I just saw your babystrologybaby.com thing says that you have 17 days to go. Way to go--you look amazing and you make being pregnant look so easy!! Let me know if I can do anything for you in the next few weeks. Really!