I recall with fondness the great TV shows I watched growing up.
The classics like Mr. Rogers, Sesame Street, Electric
Company, and Today's Special.
Those were shows to be remembered.
Tree, Tree, Tree
You'll Never Go Down the Drain
Grover's Disco ABC's
Ernie's song about visiting the moon
Hocus, Pocus, Alamagocus
Itzhak Pearlman's easy and hard things
Monster Piece Theatre with Alastair Cookie
Jodi, Muffy, Sam and Jeff - "Today's Special is Christmas" (oooh,
loads of memories there)
There are thousands of bits my family still jokes about!
With Sesame Street's departure from some of the great classics my
kids and I just don't watch it anymore. Still, this little tidbit takes me
back to those days of "Billy counting to Twenty" and Snuffy,
the invisible friend. I can't help but laugh as I think of the original
words to this song and the genius of how it changed for a simple kid's
show. Enjoy your flashback!
8 comments:
Hah, that was great! I loved all the old shows too. I have to say though Sesame Street has changed a lot, I still love it and Max used to watch it constantly. It's a good show.
Did you see their version of Fiest's 1234? It's pretty great too.
That is one of our favorites. When this song comes on the radio Lincoln still sings it as "my triangle". It is so cute!
I also love the Norah Jones "don't know why "y" didn't come". That's hilarious too!
That's my second favorite piece lately. :)
Sesame Street helped me maintain MY sanity when our kids were little. We just recently discovered one of our favorite cassette tapes (did I just date myself there?) and listened to Oscar's song, "I Love Trash". Sad to hear it's not the same show, but glad it has moments of brilliance! Thanks for sharing! :-)
Here's a clip to one of our favorite videos -
http://www.dreamscometrueprod.com/dirtclip.html
The song at the end of the video was quite a catchy little ditty. . .
Hocus, Pocus, Alamagocus!!!!!!! Jeff dancing alone over Christmas Break... ah, the fan kicks. :)
Don't forget "the sta-- the sta-- the STATUE just TALKED to me BERT!"
"RRRRRRRRAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN!"
And I have used "some things that are easy for you are hard for me... some things that are easy for me are hard for you" I don't know HOW many times to explain a point. It's the wisest moment Sesame Street ever had.
Post a Comment