We all got to visit Ben's class to see his work and let him show off his accomplishments. Ben's face couldn't have been more joyful!
One of Ben's favorite people is his first grade teacher, Mrs. Osterwisch (all the kids call her Mrs. O.) As I have volunteered in her classroom during the past two years I've come to appreciate her many skills and talents. Ben will miss her terribly!
During his time with Mrs. O, Ben has embarked on adventures in a writer's workshop, participated in numerous science experiments (like soaking a raw egg in vinegar - you should try it!), watched caterpillars build cocoons and butterflies hatch, build a Jeopardy game with Henry Ford as the subject, "visit" different continents, keep a journal with Curie, the Curious Ostrich, and share/donate his rock collection.
The year has been good, and he is happy.
I can only hope the next few years yield as much growth as this one has. Thanks, Mrs. O!
1 comment:
Yay BEN! Way to go. She looks like a fun teacher!
Post a Comment