
I had the sudden urge to organize everything in my house. Everything needs a place, just how do I create that space? Are there any good products I should know about? I need some tips on how all you wonderfully talented and organized people do it. Whether it's laundry rooms, bathrooms, closets, pantries, garages, toy rooms, kitchen drawers, book shelves, pass it on!
7 comments:
One of the first things I do is get rid of excess. So many times we have too much stuff and then we are just organizing our stuff that never gets used! If you can, purge what you have and bless someone else with your extras! My rule of thumb is this - if it doesn't fit in the space I have, I've got too much.
So I'd say take that first step and then see what you have left. I'd need to see pictures to suggest how I'd organize the remainder. I am not a big "labeled plastic bin" kind of person, but that is how I keep all my seasonal decorations sorted. Beyond that, I try to avoid them and find different solutions.
Good luck! I'm feeling the bug right now, too. Could it possibly be nesting? That is what it keeps getting called around here! Haha!
My tip: call Rebecca!! ha ha ha!!
I was just thinking the exact same thing before I even read the comments, "Call Rebecca!"
I would love to see what you have decided to implement and what you think works!
share what you learn please. I have a severe deficiency in that area.
Organization is actually spelled w-o-r-k. It's my favorite subject; we'll talk when you get here :)
Take a look at this chic's pantry! I saved some of the photos so I could remember. Make sure to look at all the photos....amazing!!
http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/2010/07/pantry-remix.html
Use wall space. Lots of rooms have "no room" for storage, but have oodles of wall space.
http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/organizing/more-rooms/organized-home-00000000013879/page8.html
Post a Comment