My oldest has a difficult time finishing his morning routine independently. If I can't teach him a bit of self-motivation I'll be reminding him to take out the garbage after he's married! So, in an attempt to motivate my children a bit more, I created these Daddy Dollars:

If clothes are on, beds are made, piano practicing done, and teeth brushed by 7:40 am, they earn a Daddy Dollar. If not, the Daddy Dollars disappear until the next day. When they earn five of them, they can exchange them for a prize from our prize box, a special treat, time alone with Dad (or Mom), or something else they find rewarding.
I have to admit, Jacob looks good on currency!
If you want to make some too, click here.
8 comments:
What?! You're amazing! Great idea!
Brilliant! Wish I'd thought of it myself about twenty years ago. You're right about Jacob; he should run for President.
What a clever girl!
That is a great motivation idea! And those dollars are so cute. I hope I remember this when my kids are a little older :)
That is a fabulous idea!!
Alison
Good idea. But 7:40am?! My kids are just rolling out of bed at 7:20...and that's if I'm lucky!
My brother and his wife do daddy dollars too and their kids love it! they have done it for over a year now and they are still very effective! This last summer when we were there for almost a month... they had my kids doing all sorts of chores to win daddy dollars! :) It was hilarious! Connor turned his in for a dozen Krispy Kremes to share with everyone at the end of our three week stay! :)
Another site I like is www.FunnyMoneyMillions.com — you can buy them in bulk on this site which would be perfect for a signature birthday party or the next garage sale right?!?
Post a Comment