Saturday, November 24, 2007

Not exactly the Mayflower...but it will do



This Thanksgiving we were invited to dine with some friends at their beach house near Solomon's Island in Maryland. We didn't know they were planning on taking us sailing too! Ben and Isaac donned their bright orange life jackets and we climbed aboard for a ride down the Patuxent River which flows into Chesapeake Bay. It was a beautiful day with some mild wind and we had so much fun! Ben was cautious at first but eventually sat near the front of the boat with Jacob. Isaac just liked being out in the open air and sunshine. It was the perfect day to go sailing and it made this Thanksgiving one we'll never forget.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! I am a little jealous, then again I get motion sickness really easy...just ask Kenny!

Heather said...

Sailing on Thanksgiving....that sounds blissful!

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

WOW that sounded so much fun and beautiful! I hope we get the cahnce to do that.

Jaclyn said...

This looks like such a fun day! I love the last picture of Isaac peaking out from in front of Jacob. Miss you lots! PS Our phone should be up and running again this week.

Melissa said...

Tell me someone stood by the mast and yelled "I'm sailing" like in what about bob? What a fun time. Ah.... I miss Maryland.