My oldest son LOVES music and every time we go to church he brings his "conducting book" which is actually a small family photo album. When the congregation sings hymns he holds up his book and conducts the music with the chorister, using a pencil for his baton. Recently we were given this album of the Tabernacle Choir, "Spirit of the Season," and the first track is a lively version of "Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella," and it's Ben's favorite song of the CD. Yesterday I found him repeating the song multiple times and conducting with both hands waving excitedly to the rhythm. At the close of the song he closed his eyes while he conducted and it reminded me of my father conducting Beethoven's Fifth Symphony while I was growing up. That same enjoyment and passion for music is in his blood I guess. Halfway through one repeat of the song my son turned to me and said, "Mom look, I'm Craig Jessop!" I couldn't suppress my happy laughter as I thought of him, at age 4, conducting the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir. What a treat it is to be a part of his life!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! That is hilarious. Has he watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas yet? How hilarious is he. I bet that CD is fabulous!
Post a Comment