Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Catch-ups and Conversations

So, Jacob told me yesterday that my "No Trespassing" sign needed to come down.  At first I didn't think about it much, and then I realized it only stayed on as my blog header because I got too busy to change it to something more inviting...we are getting into holiday season you know.  So those of you who might have stayed away to avoid "trespassing", PLEASE COME BACK!  I really am a nice person.  I won't bite, unless you're covered in chocolate.

On a different note, here's a taste of the conversations I have with my two-year-old while his big brother is at school:

Mom?
Yes.
I'm sad.  
Oh, can I give you a hug?
No.
What can I do for you?
Mom?
Yes.
I gonna beat you! (meaning he wants to race, not beat me up)
Oh, yeah, well I'm gonna beat you!
Are you kidding me?
Yeah.
Mom?
Yes.
You wanna watch a show?
Well, you already watched a show today.  Maybe later.
Ooooh. (yes, he can pout at only 2)  Should we watch a diff'rent one?
Not right now, maybe later.
Mom, should we do't again? (persistent, eh?)
No sweetie.
Mom?
Yes.
I miss Ben.
What does Ben do at school?
He not wistening.  He plays bawl.  
Oh, I see.  
Mom?
Yes.
I miss Dad.
I know, I do too.  Hey, let's read a story!
No, I d'wanna read a story.  Can we feed da ducks?
Yeah, let's go feed the ducks.  
Awright!  Here we go!  Pchswwww (that really is the best way to spell his rocket sounds).

5 comments:

Author said...

I liked the "no trespassing" picture, but I have to say that the picture of the leaves is very impressive and festive.

Cute blog!

Alison

Sara said...

I love the fallish leaves! And Isaac is very cute and very persistent! Isn't it amazing that they have their own ideas at such a young age. Sophia is 17 months old and picks which shoes she wants to wear for the day -- and only what she picks is allowed. Silly girl!

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for the fact that you are a very nice lady -- and a fun friend and a great mom. Isaac is looking more and more like Ben at the same age. I miss you.

Rachel EM said...

I am a big fan of real dialogue transcriptions. Apparently it is especially nice with two year olds.

Melissa said...

doesn't that just make you want to pinch his cutie little cheeks! I know I do.