Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spooktacular!

Our neighborhood had its first annual Halloween block party, hosted in our cul de sac.  So this is what we had outside our front door Halloween night.  Ben's friend Sarah is the one on the left riding a scooter and dressed up as Hannah Montana (yes, she's got a grip on the youngest children).  

Ben's Leo costume came out just right!  I dyed his pants and took the extra material to make the shirt stripe.  But I think his favorite part was the baton, aka painted wooden dowel.  He walked around all last week saying "mission completion!"  
I decided not to go crazy trying to make a Rocket costume for Isaac and ended up finding one on Craigslist (for a great price!).  I just loved it!  But the guy I bought it from said it wasan  "XS"...ha!  The tag clearly said "M" but it was too late to turn back.  It drowned Isaac just a bit.  Okay, it was a dress on him, but he loved it.  He zoomed around the house like a rocket but he looked more like a bumper car smashing into Ben and the furniture!  "Super Fast!"

Aren't my boys awesome!  

One benefit to Houston Halloweens: no coats to cover cute costumes.  


6 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Alicia-
Your boys are adorable! That's all I have to say. :-)

Love-Shanna

Heather said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've had fun catching up on your blog. Flip flops on Halloween -- whoever would have thought of that! The costumes are great, but the neighborhood looks like a very fun place to live.

Jules said...

Loving the costumes!! I have always thought a Little Einstein b-day party would be really fun, but none of my kids have wanted it so far! Maybe next year...

Becca said...

I love halloween pictures! There's just something about little kids in costume. Your boys are darling!

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

Jared insisted I come check. I have been off the blogging thing myself since it has been crazy around here. Jared was soo excited over the costumes and telling me word for word what happened for you guys on Halloween. I need to put this because he is reading everyones blogs religiously at work, but because he is at work he can never leave a comment. This of course is where I come in lol! I love the costumes and I love the cuteness of Ben. Kids are so sweet during the holidays!