Detached garages are preferred here, which I wasn't too keen on, but there is plenty of room for storage.
The sunroom looks into the backyard and is pretty spacious. We're looking forward to the comfort of a cool room for those summertime barbecues!
The dining room will eventually be a sitting room.
And just so "y'all" know, that is not a Texas star hanging on the wall, it is a COLONIAL star, and will remain that way!
Overlooking the living room. Ben said he wanted to move back to our VA condo because when we lived there the couch faced the TV. Guess we know where his priorities are. Perhaps we'll do some rearranging.
Another view...
Coming from a tiny condo sized kitchen to this one was wonderful! I love cooking with the gas stove! Curiously, granite counter-tops aren't the norm here. Corian (sp) is preferable. Go figure.
It took the boys a while to realize they could actually go outside and run in the backyard, and play hide and seek, and throw frisbees, and play freeze tag...
I tried to take a picture of our bedroom, but no dice. You get our bathroom instead. One of my favorite parts of our house is the master closet (which is a little smaller than the boys' old bedroom). You'll have to come to Houston to see the great built in shelves!
And there you have it. It's definitely an upgrade from the condo. Jacob came home from work the other day and said he loved coming home to his own house. "Oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home!" For those of you who may not be in your own house yet, don't give up hope! And look at the positive side: you probably have a couch that faces the TV! :)
10 comments:
Favorite part of this post - "for those of you who don't have your own house yet". Oh man,,,,,,someday. It is weird being in the military because as I've talked to so many others my age and even older - having your own house is a strange dream most people our age have already realized. But, when you know you will be moving in 2 to 4 years, buying isn't usually on the agenda. Here is to dreaming!!! SOMEDAY FOR SURE!!! Your house makes me droooooolll it is so beautiful!.
YOur hosue is GORGEOUS. I knew it was nice, but that is soooooooo nice!!! Oh my heck! Picturing our old Vistas of Vienna East.....I am never moving back to NoVA EVER!!!! ha ha ha!
PS Ben is a man after Kurt's heart. That is Kurt's biggest complaint about both our past places, too!!!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! We love it!
-Jason and Shanna
"Thou shall not covet! Thou shall not covet! Thou shall not covet!"
I have to keep telling myself this as I look through the pictures of your house. It's gorgeous!! I'm so happy for you guys, you deserve it more than anybody.
You've got some great digs there! And I hope your new baby is a girl so she can make a sweeping entrance down the grand staircase while her date for the senior prom awaits...sigh.
holy crap!
I can see why "y'all" love coming home every day. It's your castle! The kids must love having all that room to chase and romp. We are so happy for you all the the room you have to grow, be creative and nest. Has Jacob tried to slide down that banister yet? :-) I'm sure that will be a fun thing for the boys to attempt.... someday! I had nostalgia for the feel of our Kettering house when I saw your wall color and your white trim...reminds me of our old stomping grounds.
One word: JEALOUS
Your house is so nice. Do you LOVE having a dedicated space for toys? And your kitchen is so great too. And you didn't even include photos of the great duck pond and park right across the street! I'm glad it feels like home, and I hope you stay in Texas for awhile (for selfish reasons).
Your house is fantastic! I love it.
Post a Comment