
Living close to our nation's capitol has it's perks. We get to see Washington DC at its finest, and at its not-so-finest. One of my favorite parts of DC is the Washington Monument. (I haven't had time to edit this picture yet, so it's a bit dark, but I thought it was worth posting).

The monument's height and visibility from anywhere in the city remind me of the life of our first president. He didn't have a large amount of formal education, enjoyed farming tremendously, and was a humble man, and yet a giant among men. As I visited his home at Mount Vernon this past week I realized the similarities between our country's first president, and the first prophet of this dispensation, Joseph Smith. Both were tremendously important in the formation of something grand. And I believe that both were predestined to become men of power in their times.
My father has instilled in me a love of this country, and I wish he could be with me to share the historical pieces of our country DC has to offer.
4 comments:
I remember hearing about that exhibit! I can't wait to come visit you and see him for real.
And those clouds look amazing. We don't get them types out west.
Oh MOM LOVED THIS! She showed us pictures of it when she was here. So I am booking now to be out there this year sometime in Aug (depending on when the unpacking settles down)tocome out with the boys and go with you guys. Let me know what day is good. I just can't believe we are going to be so close to each other YAY!!
I forgot when I refer to boys that is including Jared LOL! When it comes to stuff like this he is like a kid again!
Wow, I love the Monument Picture Alicia! You should send that one in to some picture place where they get pictures that you send in, to use for, you know screen savers and what not, and the like.
Jason
Post a Comment