Friday, February 13, 2009

Houston must have solved the problem because...

Remember this cute little family?     

Well, we just found out that my brother and his wife are being stationed in HOUSTON!  Hooray!!  Five years ago if you had told me I'd be living in Texas I'd have probably peed my pants from laughing so hard.  Well, here I am with my family, my oldest brother's family a few short hours away, and my parents and another brother's family almost here too!  Does anyone else want to come over (i.e. Melissa, Matt, Rachel)?  We've got a small family reunion going on here.  :)  Rachel, I guess that means you'll have to come here for Thanksgiving!  

This also means that my kids will have a few years to enjoy cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles, birthday celebrations, fast Sunday dinners, baby blessings, Thanksgiving dinners, extended family pictures...oooh, I can't wait.  Growing up I didn't have extended family around, and my parents did a spectacular job of inviting pseudo grandparents into our lives, and made sure that we had plenty of family traditions to enjoy (who makes the best Valentine's Day cake ever?).  I'm so glad to have this time to be with my family!  I hope my other siblings can join us! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew that all roads would lead to Houston? It sounds so fun to have all of your family right there.

Sara said...

What a party! Mark was just mentioning yesterday that we haven't talked to you in a while - so we checked your blog today. Great news for you!

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

HOORAY!!! I am soo excited to Alicia! Aparently Houston is the new Zion. I have already been day dreaming about getting together for play dates and going out to lunch and shopping oh the list can go on and on!!!

Love Bek

Jared says he misses Mom's Valentines cake and he reminded me of it ohhh so tasty!