Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Be It Ever So Humble...

I spent the last few days of January at home in Utah - yeah for snow!  My parents will be moving to Houston sometime soon and I wanted to go and help with a bit of the packing before I got uncomfortably pregnant.  And lest any of you get worried, I didn't do any heavy lifting!  We stocked up on boxes, newsprint and tape, and set to work.  

Once again, I was reminded of the irony that there is consistency in change, welcome or unwelcome.  It takes courage to face the changes, so I commend my parents for their faith and bravery.  I was also reminded that home is not where you are, but what you make of it.  

I missed my own family on this trip, and it seemed like Isaac and Ben each grew an inch since I left!  I was glad to go, and glad to come home.   
Here are some of the highlights: 
   
I got to have dinner with one of my best buds, Brenda.  In VA we traditionally ate lunch once a month at Olive Garden with our two other adorable friends, and we wished they could have been there with us.
I wish I had better pictures of the evening I spent with Jacob's brother, Steve, and his family, but it was really fun!  The kids are growing up so fast!
I had to take a picture of Rachel's room.  She's moving to an apartment this week and will severely miss her orange walls.  Jacob said he even liked the color!
I got to see my Uncle Boyd.  If it weren't for gray hair you might not know who was older.  :)
I was lucky enough to be in Utah when my brother Matt blessed his baby, Cole.  
Hey, we were only three siblings short of a family.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've got the right blog song for the picture of you and Brenda at Olive Garden -- oh, how I miss you and our lunches there. That was a great time in our lives, wasn't it?

Heather said...

It was SO fun to see you! I'm glad you came!

Rachel EM said...

Of course Jacob liked the color! It's perfect. :) Thanx Leesha.