This morning I woke up, had a good breakstif, Isaac's version of the word, and went on a bike ride with my family (Jacob and I got bikes for my birthday - yippee!). We put both boys in the bike trailer and headed out to Lake Houston. We saw the lake, and watched the birds, and went on the pier, and then visited the several large playgrounds next to the lake. Not only was I pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the morning was, but I felt like a kid again and here's why:
~ I actually rode "no hands", which I used to do all the time as a kid.
~ I found out I can still do a "cherry drop". (For those of you who forgot your childhood, a cherry drop happens when you hang upside down on a high bar and swing yourself off to land on your feet. ) I have to admit it was largely gratifying!
~ I got to go to Ben's school carnival. This brought back memories of cake walks, fishing booths, pony rides, small and satisfying prizes...what fun!
Isaac's first cupcake walk!
Ah, sweet victory!
Here's a peek at Ben's Halloween costume...any guesses? Oh, and Ben's school mascot is a star...I don't really know what this tiger was doing there, but it was a cute photo opp.
The ambulance guy was cool enough to put the sticky pads on Ben and let him see his heart rate. When he got connected Ben's comment was, "Look mom, I'm a computer!"
6 comments:
So good to see you havin' fun with the fam! Simple joys of autumn are wonderful! I am glad you got to feel the wind in your hair and ride "no hands". I don't know if I could still do "cherry drop" like you -- I might get dizzy! You've still got it! :-) Fun to read your post and see your kiddos! We miss you guys. Are you coming to AZ for TG? love, Sara
LEO!!! That is awesome, Heather wanted me to Leo for Halloween...I am glad that Ben is going to for me.
You can ride no hands? I first saw the Welsh boys doing that ALL THE WAY DOWN 820 and it always filled me with awe. I tried doing it, but never got the chops to pull it off; all I can do is the one-hand-drop. Way cool for you, then. Bravo!
You have the coolest family and you guys do the most fun things!! I REALLY REALLY wish that you lived closer (or we lived closer to you) so we could do things like this together! I'd LOVE that!
P.S. no, I'm not going to be June. Too hard with a large belly. (this is bad, but I sort of wanted to be a polygamist, but Matt thinks it's inappropriate, which it is, sort of...).
OK, just found out today that you're not coming to AZ for TG. Sad. Oh, well. Maybe another time. We miss you!
Post a Comment